- Do you want to start something?
- Do you want to grow something?
- Do you want to make the world a better place?
Rosabeth Moss Kanter is a Harvard Professor that has spent her life looking at what it takes for leaders to get things done.
6 Keys to Leading Positive Change
- Show up – if you don’t show up, nothing happens. Be there. Trust that your presence matters and can make a difference.
- Speak up – Use your voice. Say what needs to be said. Ask the questions that need to be asked. Shape the agenda. Re-frame issues and give new perspectives.
- Look up – Have a higher vision, bring values to the team. Know what you stand for. Elevate people out of the weeds and to a bigger picture of why our work is important.
- Team up – Everything goes better with partners. Don’t try to do it alone. Build a sense of partnership.
- Never give up – Persist until done. Everything looks like a failure in the middle. It will take longer than you imagine, keep going anyway. Be flexible in your approach, but inflexible in your persistence.
- Lift others up – Share success, share credit and give back once you have a success.
Here’s Rosabeth Moss Kanter’s recent TEDx talk:
Check out the Top Trending post on the blog right now...