This video responds to the question: “I want to change career, but I am worried about the risks”.
Rather than worry about the possible mistakes you could make in changing, reflect on the story you want to be able to tell about your life when you are 80 years old. Will you regret not having tried?
The great danger in our lives are not the errors of commission, but the errors of omission… the opportunities we never even spotted along the way. Warren Buffett says he worries far more about the investments that he never spotted rather than the investments that he made that didn’t work out.
Managing Your Own Career
It’s up to you to identify your place in the world and know when to change course.
5 Thoughts on Careers from Peter Drucker:
- Success is at best an absence of failure
- People outlive organisations
- People are mobile and will move
- We must manage ourselves, and help others manage themselves
- Each worker must think and behave like a CEO