My father is by all accounts a successful leader. There are 3 “superpowers” that he has that I think have helped him have such a positive effect in each of these environments.
My father has had a long and successful career in business leading to a decade as the Chairman of the Board of Accenture, and then as a board member for several public companies, and now as a leader and advisor for arts, culture and universities.
2 years ago, I shared a list that my father made back in the 1980’s on “Leaders and Non-Leaders” which listed 40 contrasts helped him guide his journey as a business leader.
3 of my Dad’s “Superpowers”
- Remember people’s names
- Decide fast & Don’t think of it as “your decision”, (this allows flexibility to change without emotion/sunk cost)
- Never lose sight of the overall purpose & long term
I was in the medieval town of Pedraza again this week, where I made this video.
Other blog posts influenced by my father…
- My Father’s List: Leaders and Non-leaders
- 17 daily personal habits for a fulfilling life my dad was the first to share this article widely… which really kicked off this blog
- Should I write out my speech? my father’s advice