Example agenda for 1 day with Conor Neill
Conor Neill has over 20 years experience as a business school professor, leadership speaker and corporate leadership team trainer. Conor is the President of Vistage in Spain. He has taught over 35,000 participants in his leadership programs.
Conor has run high level leadership and leadership communications programs for Vistage, YPO, EO; for corporate leadership teams at global companies such as Accenture, Avanade, Microsoft, Novartis, KPMG; for business schools such as IESE Business School, IEEM, University College Dublin. Conor is part of the permanent faculty on EO Global Leadership Academy in Washington each November. He has 5 years of experience coaching CEOs as President of Vistage in Spain. Conor’s YouTube channel has over 290K subscribers and over 23 million views.
Some of my Recent Corporate Clients:
Conor is a 6 time serial entrepreneur and an 18 year member of EO Barcelona. He is proud father to two girls and a committed runner and regular tennis player.
The 1 day Leadership Communications Program
Clear and powerful communication is vital for accomplishing any business objective, particularly in today’s economic climate. To be effective, executives must be able to engage and influence diverse stakeholders, including clients, colleagues, employees and top management.
“Good public speaking is the result of practice and preparation. This program improved my presentation skills and helped me become a confident public speaker.”M. López-Bellosta, Partner, Clifford Chance
Develop Your Communication Skills (DCS) presents a wide range of practical tools and concepts designed to strengthen executives’ abilities on multiple levels. Participants will learn how to use emotional and rational intelligence to persuade others; the skills of storytelling to establish credibility and transmit emotion; as well as how to structure your content and prepare for powerful delivery when you speak. They will acquire techniques for establishing credibility and managing nervous energy. This highly interactive workshop doesn’t just teach participants about how to speak, participants will work directly on the content than they need to have greater impact in their roles and in their lives.
“This program helps you to reflect and create self-awareness. It gives you tools and techniques. It gives you the opportunity to practice… and really become better, see real-time how you are doing…. The program is Inspiring.”Thomas Wessel VP, Analog Devices, Germany
- Speak like a Leader of people, move people to action with your words
- Gain confidence in designing and delivering various types of presentations
- Discover techniques to use emotional and rational intelligence as a means of persuasion
- Learn rhetorical tools for interpersonal communications, presentations and speeches
- Gain a deeper understanding of non-verbal aspects of communication: authority, audience awareness and managing nervous energy
“I really appreciate the speech structures that we have worked on. This helps me a lot with quickly creating presentations today.”Yucel Timur, Senior Project Manager, Sony
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
The DCS program is designed for governmental and business leaders, entrepreneurs and business owners who wish to improve their communication skills and develop a style that engages deep commitment among team members and stakeholders.
The style is highly interactive and you will be positively challenged to take your communications and thinking skills to a higher level.
INDICATIVE COURSE AGENDA
- 8.30 – 9.00 Registration
- 9.00 – 9-10 Opening
- 9.10 – 10.30 Leadership Communication: Point X; Logos, Ethos and Pathos
- 10.30 – 11.00 Morning Coffee Break
- 11.00 – 12.30 Developing the Logos-Basis Speech
- 12.30 – 14.00 Lunch
- 14.00 – 15.30 Authentic Leadership: Identity; Personal Story
- 15.50 – 16.00 Afternoon Coffee Break
- 16.00 – 17.30 Authentic Leadership: Making it a Habit; The 20 Mile March
DETAILED DESCRIPTION OF THE SESSIONS
Leadership Communication: Point X; Logos, Ethos and Pathos
- Persuasion requires connecting on three levels – Aristotle’s triad of Persuasion: Logos, Ethos & Pathos (Logic, Credibility and Commitment)
- Speech Act Theory: The 3 levels of communication – Locution, Illocution and Perlocution. Point X.
- Persuasion is not manipulation. Manipulation is getting another to do something that serves me. Persuasion is getting others to do something that serves them and me.
Developing the Logos-Basis Speech
- The Logos-based speech structure: Powerful Openings: There are only 3 ways to start a persuasive speech. Move people with Benefits not Features. Close strongly: the 2 types of persuasive close.
- Body Language: Authority, Energy and Audience engagement
- Preparing to Perform: developing mental strength, overcoming anxiety: The 4 ways to handle anxiety.
- 5 Aspects of a Powerful Voice: How to improve the power and quality of your voice.
Authentic Leadership: Identity; Personal Story
- Identity: Resolving the Conflict between What I want of “me” and What society wants of “me”.
- Simple story: engaging audience, moving to action with emotion. Reason is absolutely necessary, yet the most powerful, persuasive communication has a deeply human element…often delivered simply and personally through the telling of stories.
- Framing your Argument: The 6 Laws of Scientific Influence
- Selling Value: Asking powerful questions, overcoming objections, the checklist sale
Authentic Leadership: Making it a Habit; The 20 Mile March
- Creating self-disciplined habits. “The signature of mediocrity is chronic inconsistency. Consistency is the hallmark of success.” —Jim Collins
- Decisions equal success. There are 4 vital decisions in growing your business. These four decisions: People, Strategy, Execution, and Cash.
“Conor’s presentation gave me an renewed perspective on the importance of my family. Great and thoughtful speaker. I even quote him in EO Forum Trainings. Highly recommended.”Fletcher McKenzie, EO Sydney
FUTHER PUBLICLY AVAILABLE RESOURCES
Published Technical Notes on Persuasive Communication
- Communication: How to Start a Speech [7 minutes]
- My TEDx Talk: Personal Leadership [20 minutes]
- Communication: IESE Webinar on Communication Skills [60 minutes]