You are at one of these 5 places in your life…
If you are reading this post via email, you can watch the video here: The 5 States of Human Performance (From the Coaches Perspective)
The 5 States of Human Performance
The 9 minute video shares a tip for how to move forward from each of these 5 states. I share my story of 2009, of coming back from bankruptcy and loss of family and how I moved out of stage 5 (starting at minute 5:24 in the video).
- You know your goal and you’re going after it: Enjoy it. (Find someone you can help.)
- You know your goal and you’re stuck and can’t find your way there: Find a Mentor. Ask someone who has already had success about how they overcame this obstacle.
- You know your goal and you are letting distractions win: Use the Pomodoro Method.
- You don’t know your goal and you’re miserable: Ask a few friends (not the cynical ones) what they think you are good at and what they think you should work on
- You’ve given up on your goals and you’re miserable: Move your body: Go for a walk. Set one tiny goal to help one other person.
PS if you can’t decide which state you are it, you in state 4.
Find a goal. Aim at it.
Let me know a) which place you are at and b) the goal you choose in the comments below 😉