Global Entrepreneurship Week
It is Global Entrepreneurship Week on 18 November through 23 November. There are events all over the world. The overall organisation website is: www.unleashingideas.org. You can find out more following twitter hashtags #GEW, #GEWSpain, #IESEGEW. There will be plenty of events in your city led by Entrepreneurs’ Organisation, The Kauffman Foundation and many more local entrepreneurship groups. Get involved!
Here is a post inspired by the Global Entrepreneurship Week. What questions must you ask of yourself and your idea before moving into execution?
The 12 Vital Questions for Any New Business
Are you an entrepreneur? Are you a corporate leader? Do you have an idea and have thought about turning it into a business? Here is a list of 12 questions that you must answer (and why):
- Why do we exist? (purpose)
- What is our aspiration (vision)
- Exactly what problem will this solve? (value proposition)
- For whom do we solve that problem? (target segment)
- How big is the opportunity? (market size)
- What alternatives are out there? (competitive landscape)
- Why are we best suited to pursue this? (our differentiator)
- Why now? (market window)
- How will we get this solution to market? (go-to-market strategy)
- How will we measure success? (KPIs)
- What factors are critical to success? (CSFs)
- Can we succeed – is this viable and sustainable? (go or no-go)
This comes from Ramanathan’s answer to What should you do as an Entrepreneur if you have no background in business over at Quora.
Pitching Your Idea
As a bonus, once you’ve got those 12 answers cracked… you now need to be able to share the answers in a way that others can get excited, get involved and make it happen with you. You need to pitch.
What is the best pitch:
“The best pitch decks don’t feel like they were created for the benefit of venture capitalists. They feel like an outgrowth of the work the startup is already doing.” Michael Wolfe
The best pitch decks portray:
- This is what we are doing.
- This is how we are going to do it.
- We can do it better if we get some money in.
- This thing is going to happen with or without you.
- Are you in or are you out?
That comes from Michael Wolfe’s answer to What should be in a Pitch Deck also at Quora.