Persuasion – Online Video Lessons
Question: “I have recently started becoming aware of the importance of knowing how to communicate your ideas and I am interested to find out which steps I could follow to start improving my skills.”
Answer: Great to hear from you. This is a great place to start.
Video Series: Speaking as A Leader:
- The 4 Steps to Great Speaking
- The 5 Aspects of a Powerful Voice
- The 3 Pillars of Persuasion
- How to Be More Confident
- The 4 Types of Audience
- The 4 Ways to Handle Anxiety
- How much should I practice?
Important Posts on Public Speaking
- 12 tips for public speaking
- 3 keys to powerful body language
- To speak well requires practice
- What makes an expert different?
- How to tell great stories
- The 4 types of audience
- 7 speaking suggestions from Reagan’s speechwriter
- It is not what you do but how people perceive you do that matters
Great Books on Public Speaking
Presenting to Win, Jerry Weisman
Is a good overview of the business speaking material
Lend me Your Ears, Max Atkinson
Is a great overview of political speaking and the rhetorical tools for persuasion
Join your local Toastmasters chapter. Toastmasters is the best program to develop your public speaking skills if you really mean to take it seriously.