Welcome to the Course

Speak as a Leader: 10 weeks email-driven course

Congratulations on Beginning the Speaking As A Leader Course

Congratulations from Conor

You are now successfully registered for the Speaking as a Leader Program.  You should begin receiving the first course emails in your inbox right now.

It took me years to be happy with how I look, sound and speak on the webcam.  Years of not liking how I looked, how I gestured, how I rubbed my chin or my nose, how I was searching for the words and not transmitting confidence in what I was saying…  years…

But, the improvement doesn’t take years.  People will notice your improvement in days or in weeks.  Your clarity will improve in days.

Well done.  This is an important step.

We now begin our journey together. I can show you a path, but I need you to take the steps. Will you complete each exercise that I send to you? If you do complete the exercises, you will see a difference in how people respond to you. You will have greater confidence. You will get the commitment of others when you seek it.

– Conor

3 Most Popular Blog Posts

1. 14 Things Highly Productive People Do Differently
  2. Simple Rules for Effective Meetings
  3. 6 Ways to get your Email Ignored

If you find the exercises in the course useful, please feel free to share.

I’d love to know about You:

Would you take 30 seconds and let me know about your challenges?

You could read these posts now:

Enjoy this Short Lesson on Persuasion:

45 comments

1. maryanne · · Reply

Do you know how extraordinary power you have in changing people´s lives? Positive changing, I mean.
    Thanks a lot for every bit of information that I get from you!

1. Thank you Maryanne. Your words inspire me.

2. It is very good for become a good speaker.

1. Thank you Asokan 😉

3. Avishek Silwal · · Reply

I am new on this course
    But I want to speak in front of thousands of people also with full of confident
    by getting help of yours sir.

1. The journey of a thousand miles starts with a single step

4. Got a speech to give tomorrow about term limits.

I want to make a dry subject interesting.

1. I love an idea that I first came across via Seth Godin – be interested, not interesting – people love engaging with curious people, people that want to understand them -> more than people who know lots of interesting facts 😉

5. Elavarasi R · · Reply

Let you know the comments later

1. How’s the experience going for you?

6. Anna-Lyn · · Reply

I couldn’t help not to say that I thank God because I found you on youtube and since then I became an avid follower and reader of all your blogs. I super admire your passion and committment in helping people to become better speakers. A HUGE THANK YOU TO YOU!

7. Hello! I’m from Burma ,so i not good in English.I’ll follow slowly to understanding and try to enjoy with you…Sam

1. Welcome Sam from Burma! good for you choosing to learn english – I’m using duolingo to improve my french… next step… another language?

8. Angie · · Reply

Looking forward to learning more. Ever since I watched ‘ how to start a speech.’ , this morning, I can’t have enough.
    Thank you.

1. 😉 thanks Angie

9. Sibusiso · · Reply

These is wonderful I am glad to coached by you

1. Thank you 😉

10. Hello, It is a fantastic we page to help us. many thanks. great 🙂

1. Thanks! how’s the webcam going?

11. sir you are doing a fantastic job i love it keep it up 🙂

12. Yousuf al MAHRI · · Reply

I hope to be able to keep up

1. You’ll do a great job. Just make sure that you switch the webcam on as soon as possible. The only way to really fail, is to not do any videos…

13. I thought about that Joshua story the other day as I saw and heard a guy playing a violin in a San Francisco BART station. Of course, the acoustics were way off and I was in too much of a jurry to see if I was missing anything… 🙂

I’m looking forward to growing with this course.

1. Thanks Lloyd – yep there are a few more factors that make a subway station a poor place to be a rock star!

14. It s really a wonderful duty ,you are an example to follow.
    best wishes

1. Thank you Kilo

15. Aarunan Thambiayah · · Reply

A great video on persuasive speaking. I am proud to say that I have learnt something new from the video and will look to incorporate the ideas in the video in my future speeches.

1. Fantastic. Thank you Aarunan 😉

16. Martin Nolan · · Reply

Just found you tonight Conor from learning acting skills to learning speeches and memorising them . I thought you came really well. The story telling was interesting and will re visit it.

1. Thank you Martin 😉

17. What skill will you bet on?
    If there is one skill, above all others, that will help you stand out in the business world. What skill will you bet on?
    Exactly it is the skill of presentation.

My question is- how is this start sound?

1. Raymond – that seems a fine start 😉 However, I would suggest that a story about a time that you had a great idea, good reasons, good motivation – and you failed to get it to happen – because of poor communication skills might be even more powerful. This story would give you credibility and demonstrate your motive to the audience.

18. To achieve the standard of logos-ethos-pathos, One not only should try to practice more than 10,000 hours by himself/herself, but also need a mentor/master to guide him/her to head the professional.

1. That does help enormously as well 😉

19. As communicators our mission is to lend man a helping hand on his journey.. the journey from reason to emotion, from the mind to the heart.

I’m leaning heaps from you. Thanks!

1. Yep, rule #1 it’s about the audience, not the speaker

20. ramya.b · · Reply

Great sir

1. Thanks – how is the course going for you?

21. Joseph · · Reply

Excellent 🙂 Had heard of Washington Post’s social experiment with Joshua Bell but not Aristotle’s interpretation. Now that completes the experiment with the explanation. Thanks

1. Yep, even greatness depends on context to help us recognize it 😉

22. super contente…so old but so good!!! some things never change “create, care and connect”

1. Great – thanks 😉

23. I really enjoyed the video!!
    Logos-ethos-pathos…so simple…so difficult!!
    Thanks for sharing!

1. Thanks Xavi – it was a pleasure working on the video with the TED guys and the animation team 😉

What do you think? Let me know you were here ;-)

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s