I have just been scanning the book The Ten Golden Rules of Leadership.
In the words of the authors: “Leadership is not the same as management. Not everyone can be a leader. what distinguishes the real leader from a mere administrator is a unique series of perspectives and values.”
The authors of this book (Michael Soupios and Panos Mourdoukoutas) are philosophy professors who share 10 ancient sayings from the Greek sages as a basis for quality leadership today.
- Know thyself
- The office shows the person
- Nurture community at the workplace
- Do not waste energy on things you cannot change
- Always embrace the truth
- Let competition reveal talent
- Live life by a higher code
- Always evaluate information with a critical eye
- Never underestimate the power of personal integrity
- Character is destiny
The authors say that “True leadership begins with a philosophy of life.” You must decide what type of person you wish to be. Leadership cannot be done by the numbers.
Check out the Top Trending post on the blog right now...