Here’s June Cohen, Executive Producer at TED Media, sharing her answers to
- What makes a great TED Talk?
- What are the elements of a great TED Talk? and
- What makes a TED.com talk?
She passionately outlines her experience of what types of talks will “go viral”.
The Ingredients of a Great TED talk
In this 14 minute talk, she covers:
- the importance of story in a TED talk
- being personal without being confessional
- how to start a TED talk (the online editors deliberately remove “hello”, “good morning”, and any silly joke at the start, anything that doesn’t grab us at the start)
- how to focus (there is time for 1 single idea)
- how to be relevant to a wide audience (giving relevant context)
- Practice, practice, practice… and more practice (including the sad, sad story of “That was a really good talk, but it wasn’t the best talk that that speaker could give”)
Check out the Top Trending post on the blog right now…
What are your thoughts?