This was the video script that I was developing for this week, but a lack of sleep and energy left me feeling zero credible to make this video.
What is the good life?
The good life is choosing to go beyond mere survival. Survival comes in the genes. We are automated to eat, breath and procreate. This is not living the good life.
The good life is a daily intentional choice to flourish. We can develop to the full the best of our strengths and bring the worst of our weaknesses under disciplined control.
The ABCs of living the Good Life:
- Action towards your strongest values (Productivity) make progress towards important things; Eisenhower’s matrix
- Belief. Give your life away… chosen sacrifice-Sense of purpose (contribution, give your life away… can’t “save” your hours, must invest). The test of value: you get paid. Paid doesn’t guarantee value, but free is idealistic… and idealists will kill us all.
- Curiosity – Life long learning (always curious, painful feedback) be better today than yesterday, be better tomorrow than today
- Discipline over your poorer habits
- Energy. Health (Imagine you had 1 car all your life… how would you take care of it? that is your body…)
- Friends (top 20… when was last you spoke?) inner circle… better a shack with someone who loves you than a mansion with those that use you
What are your thoughts? Should I make this as a video? What questions do you have about the 6 areas?
PS The video that I ended up making this week was all about an excuse that I was using that was taking me away from any sort of good life. I was being reactive and enjoying the feeling of victim of poor sleep and blaming others. Not a pretty place.