What is the good life?
We can survive for 75 years… but what is a good use of those years? The good life is choosing to go beyond mere survival. The good life is a daily intentional choice to flourish. We can develop the best of our strengths and bring the worst of our weaknesses under disciplined control.
The ABC’s of a Fulfilling Life
The ABCs of living the Good Life:
- Action towards your strongest values (Productivity) make progress towards important things; Eisenhower’s matrix
- Belief. Give your life away… chosen sacrifice-Sense of purpose (contribution, give your life away… can’t “save” your hours, must invest). The test of value: you get paid. Paid doesn’t guarantee value, but free is idealistic… and idealists will kill us all.
- Curiosity – Life long learning (always curious, painful feedback) be better today than yesterday, be better tomorrow than today
- Discipline over your poorer habits
- Energy. Health (Imagine you had 1 car all your life… how would you take care of it? that is your body…)
- Friends (top 20… when was last you spoke?) inner circle… better a shack with someone who loves you than a mansion with those that use you