I’ve spent a lot of hours on video conferences over the last 6 weeks. I’ve run my company with Zoom, IESE faculty meetings through Zoom, webinars on zoom, family lunches and dinners with Zoom. Here are some of the entertaining and engaging options to add more fun and engagement to your zoom calls.
- Virtual Quiz https://create.kahoot.it/ My daughter uses this at school and has been instrumental in getting our whole family onto Kahoot for family quiz nights.
- Someone is a spy https://www.spyfall.app/ built for zoom calls
- Pictionary word generator https://randomwordgenerator.com/pictionary.php (and then use a shared whiteboard or just point your camera at your paper while you draw)
- Cards against Humanity (not one to play with parents) http://playingcards.io/game/remote-insensitivity
- Who is the Most Likely to? Here are 150 questions to see who knows each other in the call… https://www.tagquestions.net/most-likely-to-questions-tag/
Whiteboards, Interactive Documents
- Shared Google Sheet/Doc http://sheets.google.com Do “Share” and share a link that allows anyone with the link to edit… Voila you have a shared space that everyone with the link can edit
- https://miro.com/ Shared whiteboard
- Brawl Stars https://supercell.com/en/games/brawlstars/
Mainly because my daughter and all her cousins connect and play one or two times each day. Each game lasts 1-2 minutes, so handy for a reward after finishing a pomodoro.
What do you Use?
What have you found to increase team engagement via Video Conference calls? If you share more resources with me I will add them to this post.
PS Photo credit to Rich Mulholland for Cat Watches Conor
What are your thoughts?