Life is much better today than ever before. I guess the challenge is that we have improved all of the lower parts of Maslow’s hierarchy of needs, but lost a lot of the institutions and connections that helped people explore the higher elements of meaning, connection, significance and self-transcendence.
Check out the improved quality of life over the last 200 years…
- Extreme Poverty: from 94% to 10%
- Basic Education: from 17% to 86%
- Literacy: from 12% to 85%
- Vaccination: from 0% to 86%
- Child Mortality: from 43% to 4%
Thanks to my brother for sharing the infographic 😉