Best answer is watch this 30 minute interview with Waldemar Schmidt, past-CEO of ISS, a 250,000 employee company...
The Job of the CEO.
This is a 30 minute interview I conducted with Waldemar Schmidt, past-CEO of a 250,000 employee global company.
He shared insights about the role of the CEO:
- How to get the CEO role
- How to be a good CEO
- How to end your time as CEO and
- What to do next.
About Waldemar Schmidt: past-CEO of ISS, a 250,000 employee global facilities services business. Currently on the Boards of 28 companies, London Business School Advisory Board, Professor at Copenhagen Business School, Executive in Residence at IMD. Author of 4 books including “The Job of the CEO”.
Highlights from the Interview
- 1:49 What is the Job of the CEO?
- 3:18 Know Products, Numbers, Customers
- 4:30 Management and Leadership
- 5:35 Taking Good Decisions
- 12:40 The Calendar of the CEO
- 15:07 What do you do after being a CEO?
- 16:45 Why did Waldemar step back from the CEO role?
- 18:10 Advice to a 55 year old ex-CEO
- 19:55 Networking as a CEO
- 21:18 How to Build Relationships with top Head Hunters
- 23:20 130 dilemmas that CEOs will face in life and business
- 23:50 The worst enemy of great leadership: Arrogance
This post was modified 1 month ago by Conor Neill