Moving People to Action Forum

How do I find my vi...

Notifications
Clear all

How do I find my vision for post-Covid Future?  

Looking at the post-COVID or rather with-COVID world..what are the main mega-trends relevant to business and entrepreneurship that you see?!

This topic was modified 1 month ago 2 times by Conor Neill
Topic Tags
2 Answers

Some near term trends due to Covid19...

• Digitalisation -> companies, schools, governments have done 10 years of digitalisation in 3 months. 
  • Sales going Online -> Amazon a big winner... all companies needed rapid online sales channel. Even car sales now going online (delivery to your garage) in Spain.
  • Automation (Robots, Process automation) -> When companies have to invest inwards rather than on growth, automation of processes is one of the biggest winners.  
  • Job Market changes - > increased value on technical skills and jobs that can be done remote.  On the other hand as jobs become remote, you compete globally as an employee.  
  • AI enhanced systems -> AI taking over repetitive decision making and serving as decision support in complex decisions.
  • Medical Research -> Vaccine research has done 20 years worth of progress in 3 months; this will have spill over effects on lots of drug development processes.
  • Competence -> Populist leaders have been the least prepared to lead their countries and organisations when faced by complex crisis.  There will be a new-found interest in political and organisation leaders who show both competence and an ability to listen to experts before taking a balanced decision.
  • Government Debt Blowout -> Public finances will be a mess.  Nations that can continue to borrow can support local education, companies, industrial activities (Germany, US, China).  Nations that cannot borrow will struggle to support local industrial activity (South Europe, Africa, LATAM).  Industrial giants who are close to regulators and have access to public financial support will win in the near term.

What other impacts will be felt and be accelerated because of Covid19?  Would love your reflections, questions and inputs...

Thanks for the useful information.