I am determined to improve my public speaking skills. How? | [Dr Anshaw]
Dear Conor, Good day! This is Dr Anshaw.
I am a dermatology trained, aesthetic, anti-aging and organ restorative stem cell physician. Recently I am determined to improve my public speaking skills, and started to learn from different masters.
I came across your videos today in Youtube, and I was so attracted into all the topics you had shared. They were brilliant, concise and practical. I am facing few challenges in public speaking that I need your expert opinion to advise, namely
- I don't know what to speak when go on stage even with scripts prepared
- My mind goes into empty state (on stage)
- As my mind goes into empty state, I have problem to connect sentence to express my thoughts hence speak fluently
- I don't articulate well ( or stutter) - i am learning and trying to improve myself from one of your video sharing
- Unnatural face and body language (on stage)-Greatest problem I have soft voice. Every time I go on stage I will try to increase my voice (not myself), and speak in a more proper manner(not myself). I think I am not used to listen to my own voice in public, and consciously and subconsciously I try to portray good image (perfectionist) to audience with suits and tie( not myself). And I think the audience can feel this is not a real me
Can you advise what should be my approaches in overcoming them? I have no issue for patient- doctor consultation. Perhaps I am more casual and be myself during close door than being on stage. Thank you in advance for your precious time in sharing and teaching.
Warmest regards, Dr Anshaw