- You have to sell. Yes, you. You have to sell. You have to get good at it. (7 steps of the sales process, how to pitch a brilliant idea)
- You need lots of help. More than you can imagine. You need to learn to ask for it. (Ask better questions, 17 habits for a fulfilling life #13)
- Incremental Improvements always win. (Deliberate Practice, Lean startup philosophy, Eat that frog)
- Learn to Motivate yourself. Self-Discipline first. (The Magnet and The Hammer – tool 3, Who would Warren Buffett bet on?, Writing to Reflect)
- Listen. Not just to the words. To the emotions of the other. To the real reasons underlying her position. To the hidden messages in their communication. To yourself. To how you feel. To your unconscious. It is a very very clever beast. It just doesn’t do directness very well.
What are your thoughts?