This is a post shared by Glenn Street on facebook. He attended Date with Destiny with Tony Robbins last week.
Some “Tonyisms” compiled by Zeke Abraham at Date With Destiny last week.
“I challenge you to make your life a masterpiece. I challenge you to join the ranks of those people who live what they teach, who walk their talk.”
– Tony Robbins
- Complexity is the enemy of execution.
- You can only build on success, you can’t build on failure.
- Our culture reinforces blame of others.
- Words have a biochemical effect on the body
- Stress is a code word for FEAR.
- Stress doesn’t come from the facts, stress comes from the meaning we give the facts. When you come up with a new meaning, you get a new life.
- Three decisions that we all make, control each moment of our lives:
- What to focus on
- What things mean
- What to do in spite of the challenges that may appear.
- We are suffering so much because we are overlooking the gifts around us.
- Trade expectation for appreciation and our whole life changes in an instant. ~Because~
- You can’t feel grateful and fearful at the same time. Or
- You can’t feel grateful and angry at the same time.
- When you are grateful fear disappears and abundance appears
- Celebration releases stress, it lifts your mood, motivates you, and lastly, it gives you energy. Not only physically, but it gives you energy for life
- When you adopt an attitude of gratitude celebrating for no good reason, is a good enough reason.
- The Past does not equal the Future. Biography does not equal Destiny.
- Our culture wants you to be one thing — to keep you simple.
- 6 human needs , each can be met constructively or destructively:
- 1. Certainty
- 2. Uncertainty / Variety
- 3. Significance
- 4. Love / Connection
- 5. Growth
- 6. Contribution
- People will give up their goals, dreams and values to meet their needs
- Anytime your mind perceives that doing something, feeling something, or believing something meets three of your needs; it becomes an addiction.
- A Strategy is a system of producing a consistent result.
- Faith is freedom.
- A belief is a feeling of certainty about what something means.
- There is a way beyond the way you’ve been programmed and that’s to program YOURSELF.
- People who succeed long term live on pull not push.
- If you don’t like the answers, ask better questions.
- Life is happening FOR me not TO me.
- Proximity is power.
- Who you spend time with is who you become.
- People’s lives are a direct reflection of the expectations of their peer group.
- Only 3 things hold you back in business:
- 1. Failure to anticipate
- 2. Lack of follow through
- 3. Our own psychology and mindset
- Leaders are READERS: Minimum 30 minutes a day. (A book! NOT a fluff piece, social media or magazine or infographic.)
- Necessity is the mother of invention
- It is in your moments of decision that your destiny is shaped.
- In life, lots of people know what to do, but few people actually do what they know.
- Knowing is not enough! You must take action.
- Knowledge is not power…it’s potential power. Execution will trump knowledge any day.
- Information is potential power—execution trumps information every time.
- Emotion is created by motion
- CHANGE YOUR STATE! (PHYSIOLOGY)
- Where focus goes, energy flows (THOUGHT = ENERGY)
- I am a force for good!
- Step up!
- DEFY THE ODDS!
- Say YES!
- Make your move!
- If you want to change your life, raise your standards, change your SHOULD’s into MUST’s
- If you want to take the island, you gotta burn the freakin boats
- We all get what we tolerate.
- The secret to LIVING is GIVING
- Losers react, winners anticipate
- If you do what you’ve always done, you’ll get what you’ve always gotten
- The path of least resistance will never make you proud.
- Progress = happiness
- If we don’t grow we die
- People are rewarded in public for what they do in private
- Most people overestimate what they can do in a year and underestimate what they can do in a decade
- Life’s reward system is not fair. We don’t get rewards that are equal to efforts.
- Good Effort = ZERO REWARDS
- Great Effort = Good Rewards
- Excellent Effort =Great Rewards
- + ADD ONLY 2mm more effort
- Outstanding Effort = EXCELLENT Rewards
- If you treat people at the end of the relationship like you did at the beginning, there won’t be an end.
- What stops us all from moving forward is FEAR: The two primary fears that we all share are:
- 1. the fear that we’re not enough, and therefore
- 2. the fear that we won’t be loved
- The only thing that’s keeping you from getting what you want is the story you keep telling yourself.
- Whenever you are happy with something in your life, it is because right now, the conditions of your life match your blueprint, or your belief about how life should be in that particular area. When you suffer, that is a signal for you to look at your blueprint. You have two options:
- 1. Either change your life, that is, do something to close the gap between where you are and where you want to be.
- 2. Or if you can’t change your life, change your blueprint.
- The quality of your life is equal to the quality of your relationships.
- Bottom line, If you’re not happy in your relationship, you aren’t happy (period)
- Prime yourself daily – if you don’t have 10 minutes, you don’t have a life:
- Healing | Solve | Strengthen | Celebrate | Serve
- Discipline weighs ounces regret weighs tons
Learn more about Tony Robbins.
Check out the Top Trending post on the blog right now…
If you liked this list of Tonyism’s, you will probably like my own list of 158 Conorisms – The Complete Guide to Personal Habits or my earliest “viral” post 17 Daily Habits for a Fulfilling Life.
Originally shared by my friend Glenn:
What are your thoughts?