Build Strong Foundations before you grow higher.
Are you investing in your own Foundations – or are you building the house of your life on sand?
Leadership coach Luis Soares shared the story in the video below a few years ago on a leadership retreat for Vistage Spain.
There are two metaphors in the video:
- Building a house on solid foundations before you build higher
- The bamboo grows deep, extensive roots before it grows up
5 Areas where you can deliberately invest in the foundations of your life:
- Health – get fit, eat well, learn about sleep
- Wealth – build savings, have emergency fund (you could survive 6 months without income)
- Network – connect to others, help them, demonstrate trust and competence, find mentors & act as a mentor (connect to 1 new person every week) (Webinar Recording: How Leaders Network)
- Skills – read, study, practice (dedicate at least 10 days per year to professional development… or you are becoming “talentless” soon)
- Spirit/Purpose – who are you? what do you stand for? where are you going? what are your values? (Finding Purpose: Step 1)
How are you building the foundations of your house, and of your life?
Check out the Top Trending post on the blog right now…
What are your thoughts?