I have just been scanning the book The Ten Golden Rules of Leadership.
In the words of the authors: “Leadership is not the same as management. Not everyone can be a leader. what distinguishes the real leader from a mere administrator is a unique series of perspectives and values.”
The authors of this book (Michael Soupios and Panos Mourdoukoutas) are philosophy professors who share 10 ancient sayings from the Greek sages as a basis for quality leadership today.
- Know thyself
- The office shows the person
- Nurture community at the workplace
- Do not waste energy on things you cannot change
- Always embrace the truth
- Let competition reveal talent
- Live life by a higher code
- Always evaluate information with a critical eye
- Never underestimate the power of personal integrity
- Character is destiny
The authors say that “True leadership begins with a philosophy of life.” You must decide what type of person you wish to be. Leadership cannot be done by the numbers.
What are your thoughts?